Pages

The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.” – G.K. Chesterton

Friday 5 October 2007

Back in Japan..

So, we said goodbye to New York a couple of days ago, and hello again to the land of jihanki (vending machines), combini (24-hour convenience stores) and wonderful sushi. It seems like I have done a lot of packing, unpacking and flying in the past 3 months (leaving Noto for Tokyo, then leaving Tokyo for New York, and finally leaving New York to return to Tokyo). Despite my initial apprehension about staying in New York for two months, I really enjoyed my stay there, and was quite sad to leave it behind. I have much to write in my livejournal, and lots of foodie experiences to show, but they may take awhile yet due to lack of time. I have found a teaching job at a good school in Chiba, and my first day is tomorrow - hopefully this jetlag will not affect my performance too badly (thankfully it's not as bad as the jetlag in NYC). We're also looking for apartments and hopefully we'll find a good one soon. Rent in Tokyo is expensive, and we're looking at paying around AU$2000/mth for a tiny 1 bedroom apartment. That's to be expected though, isn't it?

It is good to be back here.

No comments:

Post a Comment