Pages

The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.” – G.K. Chesterton

Saturday 8 November 2008

Birthday treat

Yesterday was the day I was born more than a quarter of a century ago. With a 3-week old infant at home now, it wasn't too easy for us to go out for a simple celebration. So instead Rob brought dinner to us after work: takeaway from our favourite Indian restaurant, Nawab. I've blogged about the food twice already, so I won't go into much detail here except to say that the food was great and delicious as always eventhough we had to takeaway.

Clockwise from top left - Chicken Biryani, Lamb Korma, Dahl Spinach, and 4-piece Chicken Tikka; with Plain Naan, Bhatoora and Mughlai Naan:


Rob surprised me with a rather large box of chocolate truffles from Godiva, and I'd greedily eaten one before I'd even thought of taking a photo of them.

Decadent chocolatey treats:


It's a good thing that I'm breastfeeding so I can sort of justify pigging out. I've so far lost about 90% of the weight gained during pregnancy (and I'm eating almost twice as much!), but this box of truffles, coupled with the rich Indian food, will certainly stop the progress for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment