Pages

The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.” – G.K. Chesterton

Wednesday 17 August 2005

Yummy Steamboat @ home

This steamboat actually happened a few weeks ago - Rob only recently uploaded the photo from his phone and that reminded me to post it. My dad came back home from overseas, and suggested that we have a family lunch thing in the form of steamboat. My mum was still overseas, so maybe my dad saw it as a good opportunity to make a "mess" of the kitchen area - I don't know. We all chipped in to bring some food to my parents': Rob and I brought fish, pork, glass noodles, silken tofu and japanese (egg) tofu. Honey bought squid and seafood extender. And between my dad and Faye, there were prawns, scallops, chicken and veges. My dad bought pork bones and all sorts of stuff to make the soup base. And damn, the steamboat was yum! Rob had steamboat at a restaurant with us when we went to Malaysia, and didn't really think much of it (he doesn't really think much of soupy things in general), but he said this steamboat was really nice - much, much nicer than the one we had at the steamboat restaurant in Malaysia. Great yummy food! We estimated that the overall cost came to about $10 per person - and we had tonnes leftover eventhough we all ate to our brims.

No comments:

Post a Comment