Pages

The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.” – G.K. Chesterton

Saturday 12 November 2005

International Banquet @ ECG

As part of the first Faith Promise at my family's church, Endeavour Christian Gathering, an International Banquet was held on Friday night. The ladies in the church put a lot of effort into organising tonight's food, and there were tables showcasing the food from different countries. Here are the photos for the benefit of those who were unfortunate enough to miss it.

Zambia




Scotland




Malaysia/Singapore








Korea






Japan








Ireland




Holland




Australia




America






Out of the variety of food available, I must admit that I thought that the tastiest food was the Malaysian/Singaporean ones. And I don't think it's because I'm biased towards the cuisine (c'mon, if you grew up eating the food, you'd grow tired of it right?). I think it's because Asians like to add lots of flavoursome things like soy sauce and oyster sauce etc etc, and the ladies who prepared these dishes are experts at cooking those foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment