Pages

The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.” – G.K. Chesterton

Thursday 18 May 2006

The weekend past

On Saturday night we went to our friends' engagement bbq (I met Adele during our first year doing Engineering at uni, and Rob knew Chin from high school - yep it's the whole Perth-is-such-a-small-place syndrome - it spun me out when I found out that our then-boyfriends knew each other). After the bbq we went to a friend's 25th party which had an oriental dress theme for his party and Rob had this idea to arrive dressed as a monk. He shaved his head and shaped his beard as best as he could to play the part and his efforts paid off - Rob received a better response to his costume than he'd expected.. I think the only thing out of place on his costume is the fact that he was using a very nice gold shirt with the "double happiness" symbol on it which I don't think is very monk-like. (The shirt was given to Rob by my sister on our wedding day). But no one noticed that (they were far too tickled by Rob's costume to notice) and I think he pulled it off quite well.

We'll let the photos speak for themselves..

At Adele's house: her friend helping draw those dots on Rob's forehead using my eyeliner and Adele and her parents looking on. Rob received lots of attention from all the amused aunties and uncles and from everyone else at Adele's. Surprisingly, no one knew how many dots should be drawn on his forehead, not even the older folks..






At Thad's place, Rob was requested to pose for photos and he gladly obliged.




Posing with my friends garbed in kimonos and swords:




Amy brought along an extra kimono, and my friends played dress-up on me:






Tung and co arrived without any costume and he was brave enough to not only wear the kimono, but to dance and pose for the cameras.




Thanks Thad for giving us the chance to play dress ups! We had fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment