Pages

The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.” – G.K. Chesterton

Monday 31 July 2006

Echo! (echoo)

Our apartment is so empty at the moment (hence is echo-ey). Last night we had to squeeze into a single mattress - something we'll have to put up with until we go to my parents for the last couple of nights in Perth. Surprising it wasn't too uncomfy (although ask me in a couple of days' time and I'll probably give you a different response). I h.a.t.e. moving. It doesn't help that I'd only finish work a few days ago, and we only had this weekend to move our big stuff if we wanted help from friends. Thank goodness we live minimally - the guys helping were actually standing around saying "Is that all?" Thanks Brett, Brian and Lawrence for helping with the move.

We also had our going-away affair last night. Thanks all who came and brought yummies to share. And kudos to all who were brave enough to pick up the mike and belt out those tunes :) I had a fun night (although I was pretty exhausted from lack of sleep and was a little bit out of it). We ended up going clubbing at the Rise in Northbridge and didn't sleep until 3am.

Went to Subi markets this afternoon for the final time to buy some fruits. Bought a rockmelon and a honeydew. Melons are hideously expensive in Japan so I doubt I will be having any melons for the next year. Savouring the abundance of fresh fruits while I still can..

Some photos from last night:


















Good on you two for being the first ones to pick up the mike


Belting out to the tune of "Uptown Girl"


Ah Mary and Adele - you guys were a good sport singing whatever I chose ("Barbie Girl" by Aqua)


(Thanks hun for dragging me up there :))

4 comments:

  1. From what I heard, you can really carry a tune!!
    Bon voyage to you and Robzilla in Japan... I hope that you both have a great time :)
    -- Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Kiss!
    Hey JEan!
    Best wishes to you and Rob and Good luck in Japan! I hope its everything u hope for and that u achieve and accomplish all that u set out for - i admire your drive and determination!
    Keep in touch! Hope that our lives will cross again (be it through holidays or home) in this big world of ours :)
    I may be in Osaka next May.. if so you'll definitely be hearing from me!
    Take Care!
    Lv Suki x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, they were just being nice when they said that. Thanks for the well wishes - perhaps you can come visit and convince your sister to save $$ and go to Japan with you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re: *Kiss!
    Hi Suki! By all means come and visit us!! Our little town is only 1 hr flight from Tokyo, and we have a spacious 2 bdrm apartment :) Keep in touch!!

    ReplyDelete