Pages

The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.” – G.K. Chesterton

Tuesday 31 July 2007

Faces & Places of my Japan for the past year

I took many photos during my final week in the Noto, and while I would love to talk about them, it became quite clear to me that it was not possible time-wise to blog about them individually. So here is a selection of the shots taken at school, at various sobetsukai and around my little town of Ukawa - including the ones taken at the obscene time of before 6am on Friday morning (the lovely morning mist gave a nice touch). These are the faces of those who have made my year-long stay in inaka (rural) Noto memorable, and these are the familiar scenes of where I lived for that duration.

(Click for larger image)

Despite having unintentionally woken up at 4:50am on Friday, somehow the time managed to slip past me and I ended having to speed my butt and my luggages to the Noto airport in less than 20 minutes, which is indeed a record time. Friday was a crazy day, and I am hoping I did not forget anything in the rush.

Alas, it's still no time for me to rest and relax just yet, because in just a couple of days time, we will be on the plane once again, this time off to New York. We will be staying on Wall St in the midst of Manhattan for two months while Rob receives his job training. Am I excited about NYC? Kinda. I'm looking forward to flying in the Business Class though ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment