Pages

The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.” – G.K. Chesterton

Wednesday 25 July 2007

Saying goodbye..

Been absolutely busy with cleaning and packing. The inspectors are coming around tomorrow afternoon, so I'm hoping everything will be done by then.. I still have yet to change the shoji paper for one of the windows. And there are lots of little things that need to be put away.. I get so scattered-brained when I have so much to do so I have made a list of things-to-do, and set deadlines for each of them!

Been having a few sobetsukai (farewell parties) and dinners these past two weeks (one more for Thursday with my collegues), yet it hasn't quite hit me yet that I'm leaving the Noto.. I suppose being frantically busy has prevented me from thinking too much about it.. It's slowly coming on though, as I realised in my car on my way home tonight from dinner at Kim's place that I'm gonna miss her. And that I'm gonna miss this beautiful countryside and all the wonderful people who have made my stay here unforgettable.. I hate goodbyes since it makes it seem like I'm never gonna see anyone here again, so I'm telling everyone that we plan to visit Noto now and then..

Anyway, hopefully I'll have more time to blog later on this week. Have loads of photos to blog about! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment