Pages

The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.” – G.K. Chesterton

Monday 10 September 2007

My first celebrity sighting!

Last Friday, we saw a notice posted in the lobby of our apartment complex that there would be a filming scheduled on Monday morning between 6am and 9am, and management apologised in advance for any inconvenience caused by the filming. We forgot all about that until we stepped out of the elevators this morning and saw the film crew. I was so busy trying to get us out of the way as quick as possible that Rob had to actually point out that it was Cameron Diaz right next to us! Dang, I wished I could've stayed and watched, but I had things to do this morning. I came back to the complex an hour later at 9am, and the film crew was still there, with Cameron still standing in the lobby. Of course, I wanted to watch (eventhough I have a lot to do - preparing for a phone interview was one of them) so after putting away my groceries, down the elevator I went again with my camera. Standing in the lobby meant that I'd be in the way of filming, so I went outside to the street and took photos from there so that I had proof of my sighting!! So here's my show 'n tell.. (limited since I didn't stay long to watch)

(By the way, they were filming for What Happens In Vegas...)

Part of the film crew outside of our apartment complex; and filming in progress along Wall Street:


Filming still in progress; Cameron (and her bodyguards?) on the way to her trailer on Water Street:


So that's my exciting piece today.. Back to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment