Pages

The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.” – G.K. Chesterton

Sunday 16 September 2007

Razzle-dazzle Chicago musical

I accompanied Rob's mum to watch the Chicago musical in Times Square (Broadway) on Friday night. Both of us had watched the Oscar-winning movie and loved it, so naturally we wanted to watch the stage musical which the movie was based on. What can I say other than "wow"? Talented cast, sexy bodies, engrossing plot. Of course, having the view from a seat in the third row from the front certainly helps.

Unlike our last trip to a Broadway show, I brought my camera to take shots of the bright crowded streets of Times Square.

An intersection near the 42nd St subway station; outside the Ambassador Theatre:


The playbill:


Not related to the show: at the subway station in Times Square, there was this dwarf guy who did an impersonation of Michael Jackson. He was pretty good, and drew quite a crowd as he danced Michael Jackson's moves. I couldn't resist taking a shot of him:

3 comments:

  1. Hey, can you do me a fav and pass on that I tried to SMS back, but apparently my phone can't send SMS's to the united states. I don't know why either... maybe the SMS was too long. *sniffle* I miss Honey this much *stretches out as far as he can* which is lots...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.. I've passed the message to her and Honey's tried to contact you via msn - did you get her message?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got her message, and her SMS...

    ReplyDelete