Pages

The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.” – G.K. Chesterton

Saturday 9 May 2009

Hello NYC again!

We are back in New York again, this time for only a month. After a long 12 hour flight from Tokyo, and only 5 hours sleep in a span of 52 hours (an hour's sleep was taken during the flight), I was in a bit of an exhausted zombie state after arriving in NYC around 1pm (2am in Tokyo time). I resisted having naps to help me transition to this timezone (although there were a couple of times I dozed off while breastfeeding Zak) so by the time I got to bed around 9pm, I was so tired that I didn't have too much trouble getting to sleep. Although I did wake up a few times during the night (such is the life with a baby), I didn't have long periods of frustrating insomnia that comes with jet lag. Hopefully that's a good sign that jet lag will not hit me as badly as it did last time. The baby seems to have adjusted quite well to the timezone, and I think that has a lot to do with him having only having two hours sleep on the flight.

I was woken up at 5am by the baby for his morning feed, so after unpacking the rest of the luggage, I went out for an early morning walk to the groceries stores that I usually went to. We're staying downtown Manhattan, close to our last apartment so I do know my way around. It is so good to be back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment