Pages

The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.” – G.K. Chesterton

Friday 8 May 2015

Brunching @ Dot Cod, Hong Kong

I've been wanting to try Dot Cod for awhile now, after I read somewhere that the restaurant uses sustainable seafood. In fact, Dot Cod was the first restaurant in Hong Kong to promote the Sustainable & Green Menu. I always try to go the ethical way in the food and things I buy for my household, and would love to support shops and restaurants that do the same. Hubby and I decided to try Dot Cod for one of our brunch dates recently, and was pleasantly surprised to see a fine dining set up. Getting to the restaurant was a little tricky, as you have to exit the building to access the staircase that leads down to Dot Cod, but the Prince's Building's helpful concierge will point you in the right direction. Upon entering Dot Cod, we faced a tropical fish aquarium that looks into the restaurant. The interior was chic and tidy with a fairly large well-stocked bar. Service was professional and presentation was neat.

The aquarium by the entrance:

A tidy interior:

Cappuccino for hubby and mocha for me:

Hubby ordered the Scrambled Hens Eggs with Scottish Smoked Salmon (HK$125), herb crème fraiche and tomato on sour dough:

I got the Scottish Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict (HK$138) - two poached eggs with Scottish smoked salmon and sautéed baby spinach on English muffin with hollandaise sauce on the side as I requested. The poached eggs tasted overwhelmingly of vinegar, and I wonder if the hollandaise sauce would have masked the acidity well enough:

Runny yolk:

We thought that the coffee was only so-so, and the food was nice but not particularly astounding. I do like the idea of restaurants using sustainable sources of food, and perhaps the lunch or dinner menu may impress more.

[Prices quoted above do not include the 10% service charge.]

Dot Cod
Basement
Prince's Building
10 Chater Road
Central, Hong Kong
Tel. +852 2810 6988

No comments:

Post a Comment