Pages

The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.” – G.K. Chesterton

Saturday 13 August 2016

5-Ingredient Peanut Butter Freezer Fudge

I love simple and easy recipes, and when I came across a recipe for peanut butter freezer fudge, I knew I had little excuse not to make it. Only five ingredients, and I had them all on hand! This is quite healthy too (especially if you use a natural, unsalted and unsweetened nut butter), and it is easy to make variations with different nut butters. I wish I had a Wholefoods supermarket nearby so I can get DIY freshly ground nut butters and have fun trying the different kinds of freezer fudge! I used honey but this would be amazing with maple syrup too. It needs to be kept in the freezer to keep its shape, and it's such a nice icy cool treat to have without the guilt!


5-Ingredient Peanut Butter Freezer Fudge

Ingredients
1/2 cup (about 100g) natural nut butter (peanut, almond, cashew and sunflower seed butters would work well)
2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened or melted
2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
a pinch of salt

Method
1. Combine all of your ingredients into a bowl, and stir until well-combined. If the fudge is hard to mix, try microwaving the bowl for about 15 seconds.
2. Pour the fudge into a container lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper. I used a plastic container, but a bread loaf pan would work well.
3. Place the container into the freezer and allow 30-40 minutes for the fudge to set.
4. After the fudge has completely hardened, remove from the freezer and let sit for 5 minutes. Using a sharp knife, carefully cut the fudge into squares (I made 12 small squares). Store in the freezer until ready to eat.



No comments:

Post a Comment