Pages

The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.” – G.K. Chesterton

Monday 31 October 2005

A friend's wedding :)

Yesterday, one of my high school friends got married. And although I was the first to get married amongst all my groups of friends from both high schools and uni, the fact that I'm attending more and more weddings just kinda hits home the fact that we're all getting older!! The wedding ceremony was a traditional catholic ceremony, held at St Patrick's Basilica in Fremantle, and the reception was held at The Esplanade Hotel in Fremantle.

I was, of course, armed with my dSLR camera, and I took lots of photos. This is the first photo I took of the day, and it is probably my favourite one of the bride. We arrived at the church on time, but so did the bridal party, and that's how I managed to get this shot - Coralee's smile radiated amongst the frenzy (her nerves were probably quite rattled though, from the stories I heard from her brother and her bridesmaids). Her mum was very cool and funny :) - she had that cheongsam made 26 years ago in Malaysia two sizes too big (deliberately), and she didn't know she would be wearing it to her daughter's wedding.


Here are more photos taken with my camera by either Rob or friends.










This last picture was taken by the function DJ - he saw our group posing (nicely) for our cameras, rushed over and insisted that we blew kisses to his camera. Such a cheesey pose, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment