Pages

The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.” – G.K. Chesterton

Sunday 2 October 2005

Seven

Oh dear me, I was 'tagged' by Honey to do this, and I'm supposed to tag seven people to do it, but I don't know many people with blogs! This is like a chain-mail version for blogs, isn't it? So I shall do the sensible thing and let the chain end at my end, but I can't be rude to my sister either so here are my answers:

Seven things you plan to do before you die:

1. Live in at least ten different countries for at least 1 year each.
2. Learn to fluently speak and understand at least three languages other than English, Mandarin, Malay and French and pick up where I left off with my Mandarin, Malay and French
3. Do at least one significant thing (that will be remembered) that contributes positively to the environment and the people of the third world countries
4. Visit Alaska, Africa and Antarctica (not quite hospitable enough for me to consider living in though!!)
5. Learn to cook at least one dish from each culture in existence around the world
6. Expand on my photography skills and my astronomy knowledge, and combine them to capture good astronomical photos.
7. Not to become jaded, cynical and bitter with life as I age.

Seven things I could do:

1. Pick up where I left off with my piano learning
2. Spend less time reading gossip articles on celebrities
3. Put on more muscle mass
4. Go to the doctor's, spend lots of time and $$ to find out what is wrong with my digestive system (I don't have a great fondness for doctor visits)
5. Be less concerned about taking artificial/processed/etc stuff and take iron supplements
6. Be more easygoing and less OCB-like
7. Quit my job, pack my bags and head over to Hong Kong to live there

Seven celebrity crushes:

Hm, I don't really have celebrity crushes as such, but the following list are of people whose work I've admired
1. Brad Pitt
2. Johnny Depp
3. Drew Barrymore
4. Cate Blanchett
5. Angelina Jolie (okay, she hasn't played any great roles, but her humanitarian efforts are commendable)
6. Jewel
7. Alicia Keys - great pianist and musician in general

Seven often repeated words:

1. Oh-noes!
2. Itadakimasu, Okaerinasai, So-desuka etc (any simple japanese phrase (used in the correct context, of course) that I picked up from watching anime)
3. Oh-man!
4. I dunno
5. sigh
6. Aiyoh-wan-lah (this is Rob's creation to amalgamate the three slang he has heard my family and myself say)
7. Dagnammit (another one I picked up from Rob)

Seven physical traits I look for in the opposite sex:

Hm, well this is difficult coz I don't really go for physical looks, and I don't really perve on guys. I suppose I can look at the physical traits I like about Rob to answer this question.
1. Eyes
2. Smile
3. Hands
4. Height
5. Build (not too fat, not too skinny, not too muscly, not too scrawny)
6. An honest, open face
7. ...

Seven things I do to make myself happy

1. Spend time with my Robbie
2. Cook
3. Eat
4. Go to movies
5. Watch cooking shows for ideas
6. Watch animes
7. Eat (I like food, okay?)

No comments:

Post a Comment