Pages

The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.” – G.K. Chesterton

Tuesday 12 August 2014

Revisit: Brunch @ Madam S'ate, Hong Kong

I think I was going through a 'poached eggs' phase last month, as that was all I wanted to order whenever we went out for brunch. Maybe it is because I don't know how to poach eggs at home, but I think one of these days I will have to try my hand at poaching eggs. We paid a second visit to Madam S'ate with the intent to try other dishes, but the pull of poached eggs with salmon proved too strong for me. The boy wanted sausages and eggs, so we got the One-pan that we also had last time (hence no photo), and hubby ordered the Prawn Cannelloni. Service was a little better than last time, though I did note that there was less staff on the floor and the restaurant wasn't as full. Madam S'ate is the only restaurant in Elements mall open at 8am in the morning, and a friend uses this restaurant to have breakfast with her baby boy a few times a week which she says is more comfortable than Starbucks (open-plan) and Holly Brown (tiny space).

Hubby's Prawn Cannelloni, burnt butter, capers, dill and lemon (HK$280). This was a lovely combination that tasted good, but it was served swimming in a pool of melted butter that it felt a bit too heavy after only a couple of bites. Reducing the grease would be an improvement:

Two Poached Eggs with sautéed spinach, béarnaise, English muffin (HK$100), and smoked salmon for an extra HK$30. Thumbs up from me:

Madam S'ate has a lot of potential, and I would like to see it stick around for a while longer.

[Prices quoted above do not include the 10% service charge.]

Madam S'ate
Shop R009, 3rd Floor
Civic Square Rooftop
Elements Shopping Mall
1 Austin Road West
Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
Hong Kong
Tel. +85 2 2537 7555

No comments:

Post a Comment