Pages

The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.” – G.K. Chesterton

Saturday 5 March 2016

Shanghai Min [One Peking], Hong Kong

My parents were with us in HK for a couple of weeks in December, and I took them out to eat almost everyday for lunch. My dad has a clear preference for Chinese cuisine, and since we'd brought my parents to HK to celebrate my dad's 70th, I deliberately sought out Chinese restaurants for my parents. We went to Shanghai Min at One Peking for lunch one day, and it was a pleasant experience. The restaurant was spacious with a nice decor, and the 10th floor location affords a partial view of the harbour. Service could do with some improvement to match the fine dining atmosphere that the restaurant wishes to achieve. The food was excellent, with good presentation and delicious flavours. With such good food, I'm almost willing to overlook the sub-par service.

Large dining room with comfortable spacing between tables:

River Shrimps Stir-Fried in Tea Leaves. Fresh, juicy and sweet:

My mum saw sea cucumber on the menu, and wanted to order it as she doesn't get many opportunities to eat sea cucumber. It was nice, but I can see hubby declining it if he was with us (he is not big on what I call 'silky' textures):

The scallion noodles was delicious in its simplicity:

Silken Tofu with Crab - another lovely dish:

Xiaolongbao - delicious, but the wrapper stuck to the paper and ripped open when we tried to remove the paper:

The Crispy Duck Pancake was another good dish - crispy without being overly greasy, with a good filling to wrapper ratio:

Shanghai Min [One Peking]
10th Floor
1 Peking Road
Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
Hong Kong
Tel. +85 2 2527 8899

No comments:

Post a Comment