Pages

The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.” – G.K. Chesterton

Wednesday 18 May 2016

Hiking in Sai Kung: Hoi Ha loop

When I was about 5 months pregnant with #3, hubby and his buddy planned to go on a hike somewhere in the countryside of Hong Kong. I love hiking, so when hubby's friend asked our 7-year-old son and myself to join, I jumped at the chance. Since I would be the limiting factor on the difficulty of the hiking trail, I took it upon myself to find an easy but still fairly rewarding route. I read about the Hoi Ha loop at Hike Hong Kong's blog, which gave detailed information about the trail complete with a map and several photos. The loop is within the Sai Kung West Country Park, and access is by minibus or taxi into the area. Our friend drove and parked outside the park, and the four of us took a taxi to Hoi Ha Village to tackle the trail. The 7-year-old did brilliantly as he's always had good stamina (he fared better than me as a 4-year-old when we tackled the tough 3km hiking trail between Monterosso and Vernazza of Italy's Cinque Terre). The Hoi Ha loop took about 2 hours to complete and was fairly flat with beautiful views.

Some houses in Hoi Ha Village at the start/end of the loop:

:

:

Click image for larger photo:

:

No comments:

Post a Comment