Pages

The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.” – G.K. Chesterton

Monday 27 March 2017

Chi Lin Nunnery and Nan Lian Garden

A couple of months ago, my cousin-in-law was in Hong Kong for an acting course. This was her second visit here, and she had already done all the touristy stuff on the first trip, so I suggested we go check out the Chi Lin Nunnery. I'd heard that it's a beautiful place, a tranquil sanctuary from the busy Hong Kong, and it's been on my list of places to visit in Hong Kong since forever. For some reason, I just don't feel like it's the kind of place to visit with kids, and I'm truly too busy on any given day to make the visit on my own, so I've never had the opportunity to visit the nunnery. It's truly quite a refreshing experience to go sight-seeing with a solo female as a solo female without kids. And more so when she is a professional photographer who used to do wedding photography as a job. Let's just say I'm not used to be the one in front of the camera, and it was actually rather enjoyable! She's got an eye for a beautiful shot, and it was great to have someone else also looking out for a good angle. The Nan Lian Garden adjacent to the nunnery was beautiful, and it was nice to escape from my busy reality for a short while.

A gold pagoda and a red bridge in Nan Lian Garden:

The pagoda and bridge stand out a lot with their vibrant colours:

With my pretty cousin-in-law:

The courtyard of Chi Lin Nunnery:

Juxtaposed against the city skyline:

Lotus flowers:



No comments:

Post a Comment