Pages

The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.” – G.K. Chesterton

Thursday 15 March 2018

Sunday Because Brunch @ Armani/Aqua, Hong Kong

We recently had Sunday brunch at Armani/Aqua in Chater House, and it was a rather nice experience for our family with three kids! There are not many restaurants that offer a playroom for children, and Armani/Aqua is the only one I've been to that had one staff supervising the kids. This meant that I could leave my 4-year-old in the playroom to play or colour to her heart's content while I go back to my meal. This is major plus in my books. Obviously I'm writing from a parent's point of view, but kids or no kids, Armani/Aqua is also a nice fancy restaurant for Sunday brunch for non-family patrons too. I mean, check out the entrance:


(My phone camera couldn't handle all the dim red light, and it looks more impressive in real life.) The Because Brunch includes all-you-can-eat starters, as well as shared appetisers and main dishes that were served to the table. Kids under 5 eat free, and from 5-12 years is $198 with a choice of a main dish.

Comfortable setting with plenty of space between tables and chairs - another thing that's rare in Hong Kong:

The starters buffet set-up:

There were cured meat, fresh fruit, cheese, salad, seafood, sushi and sashimi:

Sushi chefs hard at work:

The pizza and pasta station:

Some of the small starter plates on offer:

There were oysters au naturel! I kept my first plate light:

Some appetisers to share were served at the table, a mix of Italian and Japanese including vol-au-vent, stuffed mushrooms, bacon-wrapped asparagus, miso aubergine, soft-shelled crabs:

Mickey Mouse pizza:

Delicious penne pasta:

My son chose the mini burgers which looked delicious. I believe there was chicken, fish and beef burgers there:

The Japanese Share Mains - Prawn tempura with chili garlic sauce, and slow-cooked Wagyu beef cheek with truffle miso and Japanese barley:

The Italian Share Mains - Crispy suckling pig with hasselback potatoes, and Stone-grilled Angus beef tenderloin, heritage gremolata and buttered market greens:

The playroom! The supervising staff was braiding my daughter's hair at the time this photo was taken:

Kid's ice cream - vanilla flavour:

Armani Aqua signature dessert featuring both Japanese and Italian. The tiramisu was pretty good and the ice cream scoops were simple single flavours (black sesame, green tea and lemon sorbet) but they were enjoyable. The molten lava choc cake was delicious, and the middle centrepiece was really pretty:

Armani/Aqua
2/F, Landmark Chater (Chater House)
8 Connaught Rd Central
Central, Hong Kong
Tel. + 852 3583 2828

No comments:

Post a Comment