Pages

The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.” – G.K. Chesterton

Thursday 30 August 2018

Pretty High Tea @ Cafe Blush, Melbourne

A few Fridays ago, on my younger sister's usual day off work, she and I had to get some official business done for my mum, and hubby took a few hours off work to look after our girls and nephew so that we could do it quickly. We were grateful that we could get it done kids-free, because we experienced some hiccup and delay, which would have been even more stressful if we had three kids in tow. After that was done, my sister and I headed into the city to reward ourselves with a nice lunch at Cafe Blush, which offers an all-day high tea set. The cafe had pretty interior setting, with blush-coloured walls and hanging potted plants. We both enjoyed the dainty high tea, which my sister found wasn't substantial enough for a satisfying lunch (it is after all meant to be a tea, not a full meal), but delicious nonetheless.

The circular lamps overhead was an interesting centrepiece that contributed to the lovely aesthetics of the cafe:

Pondering the menu which had a decent selection of tea:

My sister's Match Latte with cute latte art:

Yes, we also enjoyed the optional bubbly:

Cafe Blush High Tea: (top tier) mini chocolate chiffon, yuzu meringue tart, assorted macarons; (middle) tomato bread sandwich, chipotle prawn and avocado, roasted mushroom with smoked salmon; (bottom) dulce de leche cake, jam and cream for the scones:

The other side. The yuzu meringue tart was my favourite, because it reminded me of my time in Japan, where we frequently enjoyed the bright and zesty flavours of yuzu:

I loved the presentation of the dulce de leche cake, with evaporated milk inside the tube:

Cafe Blush was perfect for a girls' date!

Blush Cafe
Level 2, Emporium Melbourne
287 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne VIC
Tel. +61 3 9654 8882

Cafe Blush Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment