Pages

The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.” – G.K. Chesterton

Sunday 6 June 2010

The Peak, Hong Kong

The Peak is a big tourist attraction in Hong Kong, and I actually intended to hike to the top on foot from Central, while Rob looked after Zak back at the Mandarin Oriental. Unfortunately, on the morning of the planned hike, there was a smoggy haze hovering over the city, and I didn't end up doing the hike for the sake of my respiratory health. I had already been to the Peak before when we first visited Hong Kong for our honeymoon in '04, but we didn't get much time to explore, so I decided to accompany my sister and re-visit the Peak while Rob was working at the office. The boy fell asleep during the walk to the Peak Tram, and although we were told we had to fold up the pram in the tram, we snuck it on so that Zak could continue napping. There was already a fairly long queue when we arrived at the tram station, but thankfully we could fit onto the next tram service.

The queue at the Peak Tram station to go up to the Peak; and inside the crowded tram:


Zak asleep in the pram on the tram; and Honey and the tram:


We got onto one of the scenic paths that curved along the mountainside, which was shady with lots of greenery. It was quite a pleasant walk, and we got plenty of photo op during the walk.

Panoramic view of Hong Kong city and the harbour:


The lovely and shady scenic route hugging along the mountainside; and my son watching the world on an incline, during the descent from the Peak in the Tram:


Next chance I get, I will hike up to the top of the Peak.

No comments:

Post a Comment