Pages

The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.” – G.K. Chesterton

Tuesday 24 March 2015

Brunch date @ Oolaa Petite, Hong Kong

The other Saturday, hubby and I snuck in a brunch date while the 6-year-old was in his Lego and Putonghua classes (conveniently back-to-back) and the baby was being looked after by the nanny during her nap. We chose to meet at Oolaa Petite as it was quite close to where the boy was taking his classes. I went straight from my BJJ class at the MMA gym I recently joined to meet hubby, and I was hungry for my second breakfast. This was my second visit to Oolaa Petite, though this is my first time at this location (the café that took over the original space was also pretty good, offering a similar menu). I liked the layout and the atmosphere of the new location better, and service was also more friendly and attentive. The quality of food was great and reasonably priced, and the coffee was excellent. The following photos were taken with the camera on my phone.

My Mocha (HK$45) which was tasty and not too sweet (unlike some places that do mocha cloyingly sweet). I had taken a sip before realising I meant to take a shot:

Hubby's Cappuccino (HK$45) was also good enough without sugar:

Hubby's Breakfast Bruschetta (HK$100), with diced tomato, avocado, red onion and basil on toasted sour dough, and topped with smoked bacon, two poached eggs and hollandaise sauce. Hearty brunch option that hubby relished:

My Smoked Salmon Rosti Stack (HK$95) - avocado, baby spinach and smoked salmon layered on a lightly fried potato rösti and topped with a poached egg and citrus hollandaise (served on the side as requested). So good, and a nice change from my usual eggs-benedict-with-salmon brunch order:

We indulged in the French Toast (HK$95) which came topped with sliced banana and mixed berries, and the maple syrup and whipped cream were served on the side:

We had a really nice date, and have agreed to make brunch dates happen more often. I have a feeling we will be coming here regularly for brunch dates.

[The prices quoted above do not include the 10% service charge.]

Oolaa Petite
Shop 2 Tower 2 Starcrest
9 Star Street
Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Tel. +852 2529 3823

No comments:

Post a Comment