Pages

The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.” – G.K. Chesterton

Wednesday 10 December 2008

Update

Wow, it's been over a month since I last posted online. My parents have since returned to Australia, hence I've had my hands pretty full for the past few weeks. Zak is 8 weeks old tomorrow, and we've been amazed at his quick development both mentally and physically. He is now almost 6kgs, and he is a very chatty boy. He's a night owl like his daddy which is not so good for me because he keeps me up awake at night AND wakes me up early in the morning when it's not so easy for me to go back to sleep. He's got my appetite, and has this inate ability to wake up crying for milk just when our dinners are ready and plated. This happens everytime (and I'm not exaggerating), regardless of how early or late I prepare dinner. The smell of food cooking must be whetting his appetite even in his sleep!

He's also a crying/pooing/peeing/spewing machine, and a very successful one at that! Last week, we had a mini photo session using a tripod and the self-timer function on my dSLR to get a family portrait to update the one taken at the hospital when he was only a couple of days' old. During that short session, Zak had managed to spew up a few times, not only messing his clothes, but mine as well. We have some good photos, but I wanted to show this one that caught Zak in the action of a spew, but failed to capture our reactions just a millisecond after the camera went off.



Obviously we haven't had any opportunity to dine out, and probably won't be able to do so for awhile so restaurant-related posts on my journal will be somewhat limited. However I will continue to try new recipes and post them online, so do keep checking back!

2 comments:

  1. what a cutie ...
    ... even in mid-spew! I think all babies are adorable and I love holding them and playing with them but I'm definitely not ready for the next step yet (I'm sure Kim would be glad to know) and am always glad to hand them back :P
    So will you be bringing up Zak in Japan? It would be great for him to pick up both Japanese and Chinese (if you speak it)!
    Marie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: what a cutie ...
    Thanks Marie :) I understand where you're coming from - it's always nice to play wth other people's babies and hand them back when they start crying.
    Rob's job is a permanent position based in Tokyo, so we'll be here awhile. Zak'll probably be bilingual in English and Japanese. Chinese will probably come later on when our time is not taken up learning Jap and have time to continue learning Chinese.

    ReplyDelete