Pages

The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.” – G.K. Chesterton

Saturday 28 March 2020

Gorgeous Swiss scenery from Interlaken to Lucerne

Many things have changed since my last entry in this blog three weeks ago, on a massive global scale that affects everyone on a personal scale, due to an invisible but very infectious virus that has seemingly brought the whole world to its knees. In this heavy time of anxiety, uncertainty and, for many, isolation, I hope to continue bringing my readers a bit of cheer through my blog. A couple of years ago, we visited the breathtakingly beautiful Switzerland, and I am still working through my huge backlog of photos from that epic trip to Europe for my online travel journal. These photos were taken almost exactly two years ago, so the scenery would match the current season in Switzerland now. Continuing on our journey which first saw us in Zurich and then the Swiss Alps, our next stop was in Lucerne. We took the 3.5-hour train journey from Murren via Interlaken to Lucerne, and the scenery was absolutely breathtaking. Here are some shots I took from inside the train.

I like this shot, because I unintentionally captured my reflection of me taking the photo with my phone from inside the train while carrying my youngest (then 2 years old) who was napping in a carrier:

Passing by Brienzersee - this shot does not do justice to the true beauty of the scenery:

Look at how quaint and picturesque this view is:

Approaching Sarnensee, another lake our train route brought us through:


Lucerne is a historic city situated in the German-speaking portion of Switzerland, a beauty in its own right featuring Lake Lucerne surrounded by the lofty mountains of the Swiss Alps.

A street in Lucerne near our accommodation:

The river Reuss, with Kapellbrücke and the water tower against the backdrop of Mount Rigi (which we would later visit, where I got this shot of my younger two and me). Click on image for a larger version:

A closer view of the Chapel Bridge and the water tower, which were built in the 14th-century:

A more modern bridge spanning across the river Reuss:

Click on image for a larger view:

I'm barely even a quarter way through our trip, and I promise more will be forthcoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment